Patta Chitta land documents | Patta Chitta online| eservices tn gov in patta chitta |
Patta Chitta can be downloaded at the official website. The land person can go to the official website and check the land documents online. The user needs the application number/ land number to view the land details. Through this official website, the people in Tamil Nadu state can directly view the land details at any time.
Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta
Chitta and Patta are the land documents. Those are issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for landowners. In 2015 the Government merged both of them into a single document. In which it became easier for citizens to have evidence /legal rights. That you are owning a property/asset. In today’s topic, we going to discuss more Chitta and Patta. We are going to show you the importance of these certificates, how to register, purpose, benefits, and more.
What is TN Patta?
Patta is a document which is issued by the Tamil Nadu government on behalf of the actual owner of the property. Anyone can get it from the Tashildar’s office of any nearby district to your location.
A patta consists of the following details:
- Taluk, Village and district Name
- The Number of the Patta
- Owner Name
- Survey number
- Wetland (Nanjai Nilam)
- Dry land (Punjai Nilam)
- Land Area details
- Tax details
What is Tamil Nadu Chitta?
The Chitta usually provides you details of the ownership, size, area of the land. The land revenue document can be view at Village Administrative office and the Taluk office as well. It also classifies the land into wetland or dry land as we mentioned earlier.
Patta Chitta Portal – Overview
|Name of Scheme||Patta Chitta|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu State Government|
|Portal Name||Patta Chitta|
|Objective||To provide land documents online|
|Beneficiary||Tamil Nadu state people|
Purpose of Patta Chitta
Purpose of Patta: It is a significant document that proves your ownership of a particular property or asset. It also shows the citizen who claims the rights to the property. That’s why they call it “Record of Rights (ROR)“.
Purpose of Chitta: It provides related details of the ownership in terms of demographic information about the asset. As we said it differentiate between the wetland and the dry land.
Facilities in Patta Chitta Portal
The following are the various facilities available in Patta Chitta portal.
- Apply for Patta
- Patta Chitta Status
- Application status
- Patta verification
- Transfer of Patta
- Land records
- Register Extract
- Verify Poramboke Land
Documents Needed to Register
- Encumbrance Certificate
- Photocopy (Sale Deed) together with the original copies for validation.
- Proof of possession for example (electricity bill or water bill)
How to Apply for Patta Chitta Online?
- Visit the official portal of the Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta. You can use this link to go directly to the homepage. http://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html
- The user can see the home page in Tamil. The person can also change the language to English.
- Select the ‘View Patta Copy or Register Extract’ option from the menu.
- Then, select the ‘View Patta & FMB/ chitta/ TSLR Extract’ link.
- After that, choose your district, taluk, village, authentication number.
- You can choose the Patta Number or Chitta Number.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Fill the application with all your personal and contact details.
- Once you fill the application, click on the submit to get the certificate.
The certificate consists of the land document details and information of the owner. The application fee may need to pay during the registration process. They may charge Rs. 200 for the registration process
How to check Application process of Patta Chitta?
- Visit the official website of Patta e-Services at https://edistricts.tn.gov.in/revenue_report/status.html
- On the home page, click on the Application status option.
- You will be redirected to another page.
- After that, enter the Application ID and captcha code.
- Finally, click on the Get Status button.
- You can see the application status on the next page.
How to Verify Patta Certificate Online?
To verify Patta certificate online the person has to register to the portal. Once the registration is done, the person can verify the Patta document online at any time. The person can verify the patta document through the official portal of TN eservices.
The following process shows you how to view patta certificate online.
- Firstly, go to the official portal of the TN eservices.
- You can see the home page of the e-Services portal.
- Click on the Verify Patta option.
- On the next page, enter your Reference number.
- At last, select the Submit button.
View A Register Extract Online Process
The person can view the register extract online. To view your register extract follow the given process.
- First, visit the official Patta portal on your browser.
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the View Patta Copy/ A Register Extract link.
- After that, select the View A-Register Extract option.
- Then, select the district, taluk, village and survey number.
- Enter the authentication number and click on the Submit button.
How to Transfer Patta Document?
In case you sell your land to anyone. And want to change the document details or transfer the patta. Then, the person can follow the simple steps.
- Take the application from the official portal.
- Fill the application with the details and signature on it.
- Submit the application in the Tahsildar office.
- They will examine the land documents and transfer the patta.
How to Change Name in Patta?
- To change the name on the patta, the person has to go to the Tahsildar office or corresponding office.
- Request to change the name on the Patta document.
- Then, they will give you the application form.
- Fill the application form and signature on it.
- Attach the required documents to the application form.
- Submit the application in the office.
- The administration office will check. Change the name of Patta. Usually, the changes may take a month.
Mobile App Download Process
- Go to the play store on your mobile phone.
- Tap on search and type Patta Chitta.
- Tap on the Install button.
- Open the application after installation.
- After that, enter the details of your Patta to view.
- Here, you can check the land record details at any time.
FAQs Related Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta
- What is Patta Chitta?
Patta chitta is a proof document of the land holder. It is issued by the state government.
- Is it important to have a Patta?
Yes, the Patta is very important. It serves as the proof of document of the land owner. It consists of all details of the land and owner.
- Is Patta is required for Apartments?
The Patta is required for the land and not for buildings. There is no need to have a patta for apartments.
- How can I transfer Patta?
You can transfer your patta by visiting the Tahsildar office. If the landowner dies, the name. And rights of the land will transfer to the Heir.
- What is the official Patta Chitta Portal?
The official Patta Chitta portal is https://eservices.tn.gov.in